formalities are required to be taken to visit Lakshadweep. ?
A. A. Should obtain an entry permit prescribed under the LM&A (Restriction of
entry and residence) Rule 1967.
What is the validity period of the entry permit ?
A. 5 months.
Q. How to get
the entry permit renewed ?
A. A. For renewal submit fresh application in form No.II through the nearest
permit is due to expire, or the date with effect from which such
endorsement is required.
How many times a permit can be renewed ?
Q. What are the documents required for renewal ?
A. A. It shall be accompanied by the permit in respect of which the application
6. Q. What has the permit holder to do on arrival in the island?
A. The holder of permit shall as soon as possible in any case within
24 hours after his arrival report with his permit to the nearest Registration
Officer (Station House Officer)
is to be done when a permit is lost
A. The permit holder shall forthwith report the fact to the Competent Authority
and the nearest
circumstances under which it is lost / destroy.
8. Q. What the formalities are required to be taken to visit Lakshadweep as a
A. A tourist intending visit Lakshadweep should obtain a prior permit
exemption order for which he should apply in the prescribed form
to the Secretary to the Administrator, Lakshadweep Office, Willington
island, Kochi-3. He should carry the said order while visiting the islands
and surrender it to Secretary to the Administrator, Kochi on return
9. Q. What the penalty is prescribed for violation of Entry permit rules?
A. Who ever contravenes any provision of entry permit rules shall be
punishable with imprisonment which may extend to one month or with
fine which may extent to one thousand rupees, or with both.
10. Q. What are the prohibited acts as per the Lakshadweep Prohibition
A. As per the section 3 of the Regulation, import, export, transportation ,
possession and, manufacture of liquor or any intoxicating drug is
prohibited in all the Island consumption is also prohibited . However
being an international tourist center, Bangaram is exempted
11. Q. Whether the offences under the regulation are cognizable or non
A. All the offence under the Regulation are cognizable.
12. Q. What is the punishment prescribed for violation of provisions ?
A. The offender shall be punished with imprisonment for a term, which may
extend to one year or with fine, which may extend to two thousand
rupees or with both.
13. Q. What type of territory is Lakshadweep?
A. It is a very calm peaceful and un polluted place in the country.
14. Q. How is Police-Public relations maintained in the islands?
A. Very cordial and friendly.